Aquatopia Marine Mini Hydrometer has a compact design allows for discrete placement in an aquarium and will not interfere with viewing of fish. It is ideal for all saltwater aquariums and sumps. The Mini Hydrometer can remain submerged inside the aquarium, so you know your salt level at a glance.
- Submerge hydrometer approximately 15cm below the water line.
- Attach to glass in desired area using suction cup.
- If necessary, gently tap hydrometer to dislodge any air bubbles.
- Read specific gravity on scale. Recommended specific gravity is 1.020 to 1.024 for most marine aquariums.
Note:for first time use, submerge hydrometer for 24 hours before taking initial reading to allow the needle to be seasoned.
- Submerge in aquarium or sump for periodic reading, then remove.
- Leave submerged in aquarium or sump for continuous readings.
- If used for periodic reading, salt deposits may accumulate inside unit. To clean, soak in lukewarm water or vinegar for 30 minutes, rinse with fresh water and air day.
- If hydrometer remains submerged in the aquarium, clean monthly to prevent algae growth. Remove unit from aquarium, soak in vinegar for one hour, rinse thoroughly with fresh water and air dry before returning to aquarium.
More From This Category